This programme will help students develop research skills in Sports Science. Students will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to do independent research. Students will work with a supervisor to undertake research in their chosen area.
• contribute to professional sports literature
• develop your research skills
• network extensively within a co-operative industry
• build a comprehensive knowledge of sports exercise science theory and practice
• help individuals and teams achieve their potential.
Career opportunities in various organisations including:
• sports associations
• government agencies
• sports industry
• sports and recreation clubs
The main requirement of the degree is a dissertation of not more than 60,000 words.
Candidates are also required to:
• Attend a Research Methodology course
• Present a research proposal
• Present research progress at candidature defence
• Show proof of acceptance for publication (according to the criteria set in the publication guidelines) prior to graduation
A. has work experience in related fields; or
B. has publications in related fields; or
C. is a scholarship recipient; or
D. a graduate of the University of Malaya
E. a government agency employee
Applications are open throughout the year.
Last Update: 30/06/2022